Goals of the program
This course allows participants to work safely on roads, understand land transportation laws and to direct traffic safely. The course also covers installation of road safety signs and standard equipment in accordance with the relevant government legislation. This course allows participants to work safely setting up traffic control equipment and directing traffic around road highly traffic areas. Participants of this course will accrue technical skills necessary to execute their work professionally and confidently. This training is intended to provide traffic enforcement officers with the most recent information regarding enforcement strategies and tactical responses to a variety of traffic related issues that may occur in their jurisdictions and necessary knowledge regarding conducting traffic operations. In this course, participants will gain knowledge through a combination of theory, practical and discussions, based on their own personal work related issues and challenges.
Outcomes of the program
- Enhance the knowledge about the functions and conduct of traffic enforcement officers.
- Prepare operational plans and how to conduct traffic operations in different circumstances.
- Equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to work as a Traffic Enforcement Officer.
- Develop Skills on Motorcycle Escort.
- Improve participant’s self-confidence, in protecting themselves and others against adversaries.
- Impart the proper knowledge and tactics in using operational equipment’s used in daily operations.
- To create an effective traffic managing skills in daily duties
- Development of human values, correct attitudes and appropriate behavior’s in professional and personal life.
- Enhance and develop the leadership skills of the participants through various scenario based training.
- Understand necessary laws and regulations related to traffic management.
- Improving the self-discipline and create a good ethical climate among colleagues.
Completion of Basic Education (Grade 6) OR
Attainment of a MNQF Level II qualification AND
Attainment of motorcycle driving license
Date of Commencement
6th January 2019