Goals of the program
The goal of this programme is to enrich policing knowledge and skills of and upgrading the qualification of existing police officers based on international best practice. Moreover this course intends to recruit qualified personnel into the Maldives Police Service and prepare them to serve the broader and diverse needs of the Maldivian Community.
Another very significant goal of this course is to provide career opportunities for young people in the community and also from the law enforcement sector by empowering them to take an active role in maintaining law and order in their communities, while nurturing them to become productive members within their community as responsible law enforcers.
Outcomes of the program
- Learn professional knowledge of policing required as responsible citizens in making the community a safer place
- Demonstrate professionalism while delivering service to the community.
- Resolve everyday issues through application of various policing theories and practical measures learnt during the course.
- Communicate effectively with members of the community and stakeholders in performing their duties as responsible citizens.
- Make decisions regarding the situation at hand by preparing effective plans
- Apply latest policing methods and international best practices in everyday policing and security functions
- Discuss appropriate laws and legislation in relation to law enforcement practices
- Evaluate the principle theories, concepts, models applied to policing and security
- Emphasize on ethics and best practices involved in using powers and discretion applicable to law enforcement.
- Explain the investigation process as applied to policing, security and law enforcement.
Successful Completion of Higher Secondary Education OR
Attainment of a Level 4 qualification in a related field OR
Attainment of a Level 4 foundation study program approved for this diploma program.
Completion of a Level 4 qualification (unrelated), and successful completion of an MQA approved University Preparation Program OR,
20 years old, completion of secondary school, 2 years of relevant work experience, and successful completion of an MQA approved University Preparation Program.
MVR 1500 / month
Date of Commencement