Goals of the program
The goal of the Certificate III in Police Management is to develop high caliber efficient first-line and supervisory level managers who can effectively to run manage a police station with the available resources whilst striving to achieve organizational objectives.
Outcomes of the program
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills required to manage a police station.
- Apply variety of methods and concepts to reduce the fear of crime.
- Develop comprehensive crime prevention and community engagement plan.
- Apply relevant laws and regulations required to manage the station and guide subordinates.
- Use Police Information Management System (PIMS) and Police Entry Management System (PEMS) effectively.
- Demonstrate the importance of community engagement, stake-holder collaboration in making a safer community.
Must have completed Grade 10, OR
Must have completed MNQF level 2 qualification, AND
Must be a qualified police officer, AND
Must have completed Investigation officers’ course, AND
Must have completed Public Order Training (POT),
This qualification is specifically designed for members of the Maldives Police Service who have attained the admission requirements and completed the basic training. As such there is an expectation that they should have at least 07 years of experience and should be in the rank of a Police Sergeant to chief station Inspector.
Date of Commencement
13th January 2019