Goals of the Program
The goal of this program is to enrich Investigation knowledge and skills of and upgrading the qualification of existing police officers based on international best practice. Moreover this course intends to develop Investigation skills of active Investigation officer in the Maldives Police Service and prepare them to serve the broader and diverse needs of the Maldivian Community.
Another very significant goal of this course is to provide career opportunities for young people in the community and also from the law enforcement sector by empowering them to take an active role in maintaining law and order in their communities, while nurturing them to become productive members within their community as responsible law enforcers.
Outcomes of the program
Upon successful completion of this program the will be able to;
1. Explain the professional skills required to complete a diploma course.
2. Explain the relevant laws, human rights principles and functions of criminal justice system in Maldives.
3. Elaborate the crime deviance and criminology theories.
4. Apply best practice in Investigation and interviewing.
5. Identify the investigation methods and skills required to investigate specific crimes.
6. Explain the information gathering tools for an investigation
Successful Completion of Higher Secondary Education OR
Successful completion of Investigating Officer Course.(applicable only to police officers) / Must have minimum 2 years of experience as an Investigating field.
Date of Commencement